It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
And I realised there is just so much more out there. So many goals to reach. So many limits to pass. So many lines to cross.
My name is Greg Lamarche, 30 year old climber/runner from Belgium. My first big mountain was Kilimanjaro. My most favorite mountain is Ama Dablam. I want to climb Alpamayo, Khan Tengri and the Matterhorn in the near future. My dream is to climb Daulaghiri and Makalu some day. I will never climb Everest. I can’t go on a mountain without my Mountain Hardwear microstretch and Powerbar C2Max. I ran my first marathon in 2009. Since then I have never stopped running. I realized I can aspire everything. I realized I can have it all. Just not all at once.
* Ama Dablam 6856m – October 2013, Nepal (6100m camp II, no fixed ropes above, snow conditions)
* Kalapathar 5550m - October 2013, Nepal (summit)
* Lobuche East 6145m – October 2013, Nepal (6000m false summit, snow conditions)
* Stok Kangri 6121m – August 2013, India (4500m, bad weather)
* Denali (McKinley) 6194m – May 2012, Alaska (summit)
* Island Peak 6189m – October 2011, Nepal (summit)
* Kalapathar 5550m - October 2011, Nepal (summit)
* Everest Basecamp 5350m – October 2011, Nepal (summit)
* Matterhorn 4478m – July 2011, Switserland (called off due to bad weather)
* Kilimanjaro 5895m – August 2010, Tanzania (summit)