You don’t need a reason, you need a road.
I took it up about 4 years ago when we planned a charity fundraiser with the company. It was a business triathlon in The Netherlands. I was (the only) volunteer for a full marathon. Around 5 months to prepare. End of August 2009. First 30k went well. Last 12k were hell. It took me 4u24 to complete it, walking included. But I did it.
It never let me go.
There’s really no such thing as bad weather,
Only different kinds of good weather.
Always on the run.
Current fastest marathon:
* 21/04/13 Antwerpen Marathon 42k – 3h23
* 05/10/14 Brussels marathon 42k
* 18/05/14 Brussels 20k
* 27/04/14 Marathon Antwerp 42k
* 29/03/14 Cretes de Spa 55k
* 21/06/13 Nacht van Vlaanderen 42k
* 26/05/13 Brussels 20k
* 28/04/13 Loop van Vlaanderen 50k
* 21/04/13 Marathon Antwerpen 42k
* 25/03/13 Nisramont team trail 25k
* 18/11/12 Marathon Kasterlee 42k
* 06/10/12 Marathon Zeeland 42k
* 31/03/12 Crêtes de Spa Ultra Trail 53k
* 27/11/11 Olne Spa Olne Ultra Trail 65k
* 01/10/11 Zeeland Marathon 42k
* 09/11/11 In Flanders Fields Marathon 42k
* 13/08/11 Strongmanrun Antwerp 13k
* 29/05/11 Brussels 20k
* 17/04/11 Antwerpen Marathon 42k
* 12/02/11 Trail des Bosses 42k
* 28/11/10 Olne Spa Olne Ultra Trail 67k
* 10/10/10 Brussels Marathon 42k
* 12/09/10 In Flanders Fields Marathon 42k
* 22/08/10 Trails des Phatômes La Roche 30k
* 14/08/10 Helsinki City Marathon 42k
* 30/05/10 Brussels 20k
* 13/05/10 Dwars door Brugge 15k
* 25/04/10 Antwerp 10 miles 16k
* 28/08/09 Almere marathon 42k